This year, we at the Council of Churches have really focus on how one life impacts another life (#MyGeorgeBaileyLife). What better way to demonstrate this act than through our volunteers? Volunteerism is the life blood of any not-for-profit. In 2016 alone it took over 9,000 volunteers to keep the doors open at our 9 outreach services.
Celebrate Compassion Recognition Dinner
The Celebrate Compassion dinner recognizes outstanding efforts of churches and individuals that were nominated by their peers for their amazing efforts to impact the lives of people we serve. We are humbled to work alongside such wonderful people!
This year’s event will be held on September 28, 2017 at 5:30 pm at the Oasis Convention Center.
Nominations now open.
Now through August 31st nominate an individual or church for their work with any Council of Churches outreach service (Ambassadors for Children, Child Care Aware, Child Care Food Program, Crosslines, Connections Handyman Service, Daybreak Adult Daycare, RSVP or Safe to Sleep) or for collaboration with other Member Churches.
Use the form at the bottom of this page to nominate someone in the following categories:
- Ambassadors for Children Volunteer of the Year
- Crosslines Volunteer of the Year
- Ombudsman Volunteer of the Year
- Safe to Sleep Volunteer of the Year
- RSVP Volunteer of the Year
- Church of the Year
- Church Collaboration of the Year
- Hands-on Service Lifetime Achievement Award (for a church)
- The Dorsey Levell Lifetime Achievement Award (for an individual)
- Business of the Year