Crosslines offers several holiday assistance programs to residents in Greene County. Residents apply for assistance, applications are reviewed and clients are matched with a program that best meets their needs. Continue reading below for a full list of holiday programs, eligibility requirements, and instructions on how to apply.
*To keep everyone safe and to adhere to social distancing guidelines the eligibility and application process is slightly different than in previous years.
Holiday Assistance Programs
Thanksgiving Food Baskets
Crosslines provides families food for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Applicants may apply for both Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets between October 18-29.
Christmas Food Baskets
Crosslines provides Christmas food baskets to families. Baskets include a traditional holiday dinner. Applications open October 18-29 and November 29 – December 4.
Christmas Toy Store
The Toystore provides brand-new toys for children. Parents can shop at the Toystore and pick out five items for their child: a large toy, a medium toy, a small toy, a book, and a knit item. Applications open October 18-29 and November 29 – December 4.
Families matched in the adoption program will receive food and toys (if they have children). Families may also receive clothing and household items. Applications open October 18-29 and November 29 – December 4.
*Families chosen for adoption in the past 2 years are not eligible for adoption.
Share Your Christmas Adoption
Share Your Christmas allows families to share their stories in the Springfield News-Leader. Names never appear in the story, and family situations are written in general terms to protect privacy. Families selected for Share Your Christmas fill out a form to request items they need, and receive assistance from community members reading the articles. Applications open October 18-29 and November 29 – December 4.
To qualify for holiday assistance programs through Crosslines, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be residents of Greene County
- Must provide Social Security Cards for all members of household (including children)
- Must provide a piece of mail less than 30 days old
- Household income must fall at or below USDA Poverty Scale for family size
In addition, applicants must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- A school-aged or younger child (birth to 18 years) must be living in the household
- All members of the household must be 60 years or older
- All members of the household must be homebound
Income Eligibility Guidelines
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE||MONTHLY INCOME|
Apply for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas in person or by phone:
Monday, Oct. 18 through Friday, Oct. 22, 4 – 7pm
Saturday, Oct. 23, 9am – 1:30 pm
Monday, Oct. 25 through Friday, Oct. 29, 4 – 7pm
Apply for Christmas (only) in person or by phone:
Monday, Nov. 29 through Friday, Dec. 3, 4 – 7pm
Saturday, Dec. 4, 9am – 1:30 pm
* We do not hold applications. If you do not have all the required material at the time of application, we must shred the application and you must come back at a later time and start the process again. This policy is in place to protect your personal information.
If you have additional questions, please call 417-865-5810 or email Bambie.
Applying for Homebound Clients
If all members of the household are homebound, an aide or another individual NOT living in the household must apply with a signed permission note from the client. This person should bring the following items to Crosslines when they come to apply:
- The client’s ID
- A piece of the client’s mail less than 30 days old
- The Social Security cards of every member in the client’s household
- A note signed by the client giving the aide permission to apply