Child Care Food Program is a reimbursement program for licensed and registered day care/group home providers. It is administered by the United States Department of Agriculture and managed and directed by the Missouri Department of Health. The program is sponsored by the Council of Churches of the Ozarks.
Hear Nancy's Story
A Message From the Director
Hello, I’m Annette Turner, Director of the Child Care Food Program. I want to welcome you and invite you to learn more about our program which helps provide nutritious meals and snacks to children each day in licensed and registered family daycare homes in 50 counties in Missouri. We so appreciate the support we receive from being a part of the Council of Churches as this enables us to oversee this program and go above and beyond with training and educating providers and the families they serve and with recruiting new clients.
Looking back at 2016
Child Care Food Program (CCFP) provides reimbursement for meals and snacks for in-home licensed and registered family child care providers.
CCFP targets higher levels of reimbursement to low-income areas, and to day care providers and children most in need. The reimbursements make the cost of day care more affordable for many lower income families. Health and safety standards, training, and monitoring make CCFP an important component of quality child care, especially in family day care homes.
–Annette Turner, Director
What to expect
What do I need after I enroll?
- Feed your day care children using nutrition guidelines
- Once a month, submit menus and attendance forms (Forms and envelopes provided)
- Have one of our staff visit with you at least three times per year while you are serving children a meal
- Attend one training session per year
- Become a licensed or registered daycare/group home (daycare must be conducted in a current or previous private residence)
- Care for at least one daycare child
- Call the Child Care Food Program at 417-865-8427 or 1-800-818-6812. A staff member will set up a time to visit with you in your home and help you enroll in the program