Are you pregnant or do you have a child in 3rd grade or younger?
Do you have questions about available early childhood community resources? Do you need help locating financial assistance, family friendly activities, child care, or other community resources? If yes, then our Referral Services can assist you! We offer answers, referrals and connections. Call us at 417-887-3545.
Parenting is hard work and extremely rewarding at the same time. We want you to be the best parent you can be and that’s why we think these additional resources might be helpful:
Find a Parents As Teachers educator in your area for parenting information!
ParentLink’s Warm-Line is a great over the phone or online resource.
Military Family Resources
Here are some resources available to military families on a variety of topics:
Military OneSource Provides assistance with employment, car repair, counseling, money management, & any other services!
Warrior Wives is an outreach organization in support of military wives.
Sesame Workshop has resources available through their Sesame Street for Military Families website.
Do you have a child with special needs?
Here are some additional resources for your family:
Tips for talking to child care providers about special needs
- Talk clearly about your child’s strengths and qualities.
- Tell the child care provider about your child, his routines, her dislikes, what makes him or her happy or sad.
- Be honest about what your child needs, including any special assistance or special equipment.
- Be willing to help your provider solve problems that might come up.
- Remember that you know your child better than anyone else. Stand up for your child’s rights and trust your knowledge and your ability to share what you have learned about your child.