The Council of Churches of the Ozarks is currently seeking a part-time Accounting Clerk. This position is 20 hours a week and the hours can be flexible. The Accounting Clerk works alongside our Accounting Manager at our Central Office location. At Council of Churches, you are #morethanyourjob, so if you want to help inspire hope through compassion and acceptance and work with numbers, this job could be for you!
This team member needs to have a fundamental foundation of accounting principals and practices and will provide Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Bank/Cash Reconciliation support working with the nine outreach services of Council of Churches of the Ozarks.
This position performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the mission and core values of the Council of Churches of the Ozarks (CCO).
The mission of the Council of Churches of the Ozarks is to improve the quality of life in our region through compassionate service and outreach to our most vulnerable neighbors, by doing what can best be done together in the name of Jesus Christ.
· Applicant must have the ability to accurately utilize ten-key equipment.
· Knowledge of computer information systems to input financial data, including but not limited to excel and word computer programs.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Detail Oriented
· Accounts Payable
· Mailing Checks
· Journal Entries; Including Inter-company Journal Entries
· Work with Sage Accounting Program
· Daily Deposits to the Bank
· Reconcile Bank Statements
· Data Entry
· Monitor monthly and recurring invoices to ensure proper payment.
· Establish and maintain good working relationships with directors and staff of all Outreach Services
· Maintain confidentiality of all information
Experience, Education, and Training:
· Must have at least 3 years of Accounting/Bookeeping experience. An Associates degree is preferred.
*Full job description will be given to employee at the time of interview
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
*The Council of Churches of the Ozarks is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability status of qualified individuals.
Job Type: Part-time
- accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Springfield, MO (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- United States (Required)
Part Time Driver
The Council of Churches of the Ozarks is seeking a responsible and hospitable candidate to transport Daybreak Adult Day Care Clients safely and efficiently from one location to another. Hours will be from 6am-10am Monday-Friday and driver may be asked to pick up additional hours for field trips, ETS service and maintenance. Position will start at $11/hr. Staff is expected to positively receive and follow the direction of supervisors and positively reflect the mission of the Council of Churches (CCO).
The mission of the Council of Churches of the Ozarks is to improve the quality of life in our region through compassionate service and outreach to our most vulnerable neighbors, by doing together what can best be done together in the name of Jesus Christ.
Work will include observing and reporting information concerning the physical, mental and behavioral condition of clients served and progress on desired “outcomes.” Close supervision and direction is received from the Medical Director, Operations Manager and Director of Daybreak.
- Must have GED or High School diploma
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Applicant must have a clean driving record and valid Missouri driver’s license
- Must be willing to obtain a Class E License. CDL is preferred
- Able to pass annual & random drug testing
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate in English
- Must be able to lift at least 70 lbs.
- Must be able to push a client in a wheel chair up and down a ramp
- Complete First Aid and CPR
- Complete Positive Behavior support training and on-line training as assigned
- Follow correct procedure when loading, unloading buses & tying down wheel chairs
- Follow all state and local transportation laws including but not limited to wearing seat belt and ensuring passengers are wearing seat belts, speed limits and stopping at rail road crossings
- Flexible and open to changes
- Capable of responding in emergency situations
- Ability to maintain good relationship with staff and public
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct daily pre and post trip inspections
- Keep bus clean inside and out
- Fuel the bus
- Work with people with disabilities supporting them in daily ADL’s in a respectful manner. Offer choice and self- direction by the individuals receiving services.
- Follow plan outcomes for individuals and charting progress.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings
- Report any mechanical problems with the bus
- Maintain accurate records
- Other duties as assigned
Application Procedure: This is a Part-time position. Submit letter of interest and resume to the Human Resources Department, Council of Churches of the Ozarks, P.O. Box 3947, Springfield, MO 65808. No phone calls please.
The Council of Churches of the Ozarks is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability status of qualified individuals.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- Clean Driving Record: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)