Safe to Sleep On-Site Shelter Monitor
The Council of Churches of the Ozarks is now taking applications for a full-time Safe to Sleep On-Site Shelter Monitor. This position will provide consistent oversight for the shelter guests as well as record-keeping.
The position requires that the advocate maintain healthy boundaries with all guests. They must treat each guest with respect and dignity. Guest confidentiality is crucial. They need the ability to address guest issues with compassionate authority, responding quickly and effectively to emergency situations. They will work closely with other staff to determine procedures.
The Shelter Monitor performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the mission and core values of the Council of Churches of the Ozarks (CCO) which is to improve the quality life in our region through compassionate service and outreach to our most vulnerable neighbors, by doing together what can best be done together in the name of Jesus Christ. OUR core values are CHRIST-LOVING, COMPASSIONATE, INCLUSIVE/NON-JUDGMENTAL, EMPOWERING.
- Works 3 overnights per week from 7pm-7am, (12 hour shift required) (4 out of the 12 hours is a sleep shift).
- Completes intake upon guest arrival at shelter; familiarizes guests with shelter policies and completes required guest paperwork.
- Accurately enters attendance and data entry in an organized and timely manner.
- Provides guidance and consistency to volunteers and guests regarding rules, procedures, etc.
- Monitors and maintains a safe and secure environment at all times.
- Meets client needs including hygiene supplies and resolves guest issues and relays important information to management/case management.
- Communicates with staff as part of the daily reporting to share guest/shelter issues.
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma from an accredited high school or equivalent (GED).
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Experience working with individuals and groups, homeless population preferred.
- Ability to assess naturally occurring daily life situations and problem solve in a manner consistent with good judgment and discretion.
- Highly dependable. Shelter must be staffed at all times, operating effectively.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and respectfully with all staff and volunteers.
- Must have compassion and tolerance.
- Ability to apply calm rational judgment in times of crisis and de-escalate situations.
- Must have the ability to work with high-risk populations.
- Communication Proficiency. Must be able to observe and write objective, detailed description(s) of observations.
- Computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of shelter policies and procedures after training.
- Position is subject to random drug screenings.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Social work degree and/or related experience preferred.
*A full job description will be given to applicant upon interview process.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
*The Council of Churches of the Ozarks is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability status of qualified individuals.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- 12 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
Part Time Driver
The Council of Churches of the Ozarks is seeking a responsible and hospitable candidate to transport Daybreak Adult Day Care Clients safely and efficiently from one location to another. Hours will be from 6am-10am Monday-Friday and driver may be asked to pick up additional hours for field trips, ETS service and maintenance. Position will start at $11/hr. Staff is expected to positively receive and follow the direction of supervisors and positively reflect the mission of the Council of Churches (CCO).
The mission of the Council of Churches of the Ozarks is to improve the quality of life in our region through compassionate service and outreach to our most vulnerable neighbors, by doing together what can best be done together in the name of Jesus Christ.
Work will include observing and reporting information concerning the physical, mental and behavioral condition of clients served and progress on desired “outcomes.” Close supervision and direction is received from the Medical Director, Operations Manager and Director of Daybreak.
- Must have GED or High School diploma
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Applicant must have a clean driving record and valid Missouri driver’s license
- Must be willing to obtain a Class E License. CDL is preferred
- Able to pass annual & random drug testing
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate in English
- Must be able to lift at least 70 lbs.
- Must be able to push a client in a wheel chair up and down a ramp
- Complete First Aid and CPR
- Complete Positive Behavior support training and on-line training as assigned
- Follow correct procedure when loading, unloading buses & tying down wheel chairs
- Follow all state and local transportation laws including but not limited to wearing seat belt and ensuring passengers are wearing seat belts, speed limits and stopping at rail road crossings
- Flexible and open to changes
- Capable of responding in emergency situations
- Ability to maintain good relationship with staff and public
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct daily pre and post trip inspections
- Keep bus clean inside and out
- Fuel the bus
- Work with people with disabilities supporting them in daily ADL’s in a respectful manner. Offer choice and self- direction by the individuals receiving services.
- Follow plan outcomes for individuals and charting progress.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings
- Report any mechanical problems with the bus
- Maintain accurate records
- Other duties as assigned
Application Procedure: This is a Part-time position. Submit letter of interest and resume to the Human Resources Department, Council of Churches of the Ozarks, P.O. Box 3947, Springfield, MO 65808. No phone calls please.
The Council of Churches of the Ozarks is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability status of qualified individuals.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- Clean Driving Record: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)