RSVP engages passionate, dedicated adults ages 55 and older to serve and strengthen our community. RSVP’s current programming serves children in preschool through third grade, home-bound seniors, and families in need of food.
Volunteers can read weekly with an elementary-aged student (Reading Buddies program time estimate 1 hour once a week), shop for groceries for a homebound senior, assist in a preschool classroom, or help at the Crosslines Food Pantry and Community Resource Center.
Reading Buddy Timesheet/Activity Log
In an effort to have better reporting ability, the ONLINE Reading Buddy Timesheet/Activity Log will redirect you to Survey Monkey, but all questions are still the same. Please call 417-862-3595 if you have any questions.
Celebration of Giving Sponsored by
and Integrity Home Care and Hospice
Drop in Orientation
RSVP offers drop-in volunteer orientation each month on the second Thursday morning at 10 am at Council of Churches, 627 N. Glenstone. This is an opportunity to learn about RSVP. Volunteer sign-up will be available at the end of the 30-minute orientation.
- Reading Buddies and Pre-K Pals – Volunteers for Fall
- Homebound Shoppers – Immediate Volunteers
- Crosslines – Immediate Volunteers
What to expect
- Reading Buddies: Provide one-on-one reading tutoring and mentoring during the school day to an elementary student in kindergarten through third grade (Christian, Greene, or Webster County).
- Homebound Shoppers: Provide grocery shopping services and social engagement to a Greene County senior, 60 or older, that is home-bound due to physical and/or mental health reasons.
- Pre-K Pals: Assist preschool children in Springfield to develop the social, emotional, and literacy skills needed to be successful in kindergarten.
- Crosslines: Assist at Crosslines in Springfield with tasks such as carrying groceries to vehicles, answering and directing phone calls, and stocking the food pantry.
- Reading Buddies: Aged 55 or older, training, background check, love for young children and reading.
- Homebound Shoppers: Aged 55 or older, training, background check, references, desire to serve a homebound senior.
- Pre-K Pals: Aged 55 or older, training, background check, love for pre-school aged children.
- Crosslines: Aged 55 or older, training, desire to serve those in need.
Are you interested in volunteering?
2018 Fall Newsletter
Partial funding for RSVP and its programs comes from the United Way, the Greene County Senior Citizens’ Services Tax Fund, and the Corporation for National and Community Service. Learn more about the United Way here.