- Reading Buddies: Provide one-on-one reading tutoring and mentoring during the school day to an elementary student in kindergarten through third grade (Christian, Greene, or Webster County).
- Homebound Shoppers: Provide grocery shopping services and social engagement to a Greene County senior, 60 or older, that is home-bound due to physical and/or mental health reasons.
- Pre-K Pals: Assist preschool children in Springfield to develop the social, emotional, and literacy skills needed to be successful in kindergarten.
General financial support is always welcome, as needs can vary in scope and urgency. In addition to providing a gateway between senior volunteer and clients, RSVP provides training, enrichment opportunities for seniors, books for the children and household items for the homebound seniors.
Financial contributions save you a trip to the store and can also be used to purchase:
- Welcome bags for new homebound seniors to the program.
- Reading Buddy Bags for students.
- Training material for volunteers.